Saturday Savings Summary - 2/6/10

>> Saturday, February 6, 2010

You wanna know what makes putting together a summary of your weeks savings on Saturday night a whole lot easier? Doing your whole weeks shopping on Saturday! Yes, I didn't do any shopping for the whole week until Saturday afternoon, and then I shopped till I almost dropped.

And when I carried all my bargain shopping goodies in the house, this is what my counter tops looked like!

(some bags are stacked two deep on the counter top!)

Whew! So here's how my trips went:

Stop 1: CVS
I'm not even quite sure how many ECBs I started out with, I had one transaction last week get a little jumbled, spent more ECBs then I planned and lost count. But regardless, this is what I purchased:


2 jumbo packs of Huggies, 2 boxes of Chocolate Cheerios, 3 boxes of Ritz crackers, 2 boxes of Triscuits, 1 Gillette Fusion Power Razor, 1 Dove Men+Care body wash, 1 six pack of SoyJoy bars, 1 Gillette deodorent, 1 Gillette body wash, 2 Reach floss, 4 Nivea lip care balms, 4 bottles of vitamin D

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $148.84
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$98.34
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $50.50
Received: $31.49 ECBs
66% Savings!
(this was a much larger OOP expense then it should have been, but as I mentioned, last week I had ECBs get a little jumbled and wasted, so that brought my OOP this week up. But still a decent savings despite this.)

Next weeks CVS shopping should be great, with over $31.00 in ECBs to roll, I can't wait to see what is on sale!

Stop 2: Rainbow Foods
The first day of the new "Double Coupon Saturday" promotion. I was a bit nervous about trekking over to Rainbow. I try to avoid grocery stores on Saturdays anyway, but with it now being a double coupon day, I anticipated total chaos. To my surprise though, it wasn't so bad!

6 boxes of cereal, 1 five pound bag of all purpose flour, 1 bag of whole wheat flour, 2 boxes of Triscuits, 1 package of pepperoni, 1 bunch of celery, 1 bunch of green onions, 1 chunk of fresh ginger

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $37.39
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$22.95
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $14.40
61% Savings!

Just one transaction this week, there wasn't a ton that I needed, nor were there really any good deals to stock up on either, so it made that trip a little easier.

Stop 3: Cub Foods
I had a raincheck to redeem at Cub and coupons to stack with it, plus they had a great price on avocados, so this was my third stop of the afternoon:

3 packs of jumbo diapers, 10 jars of dry roasted peanuts, 4 dozen eggs

(As it turns out, the avocados at Cub were small, shriveled and over ripe to the point of rotting. So I passed on those and decided instead to take my Cub ad to Target for a price match.)

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $61.99
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$40.97
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $21.02
66% Savings!

Stop 4: Target

4 bags of Tostitos Scoops, 2 jars of Tostitos salsa, 10 really nice, big avocados(price matched from the Cub ad), 1 card game (Pictureka!)

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $44.45
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$27.99
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $16.46
63% Savings!


At the end of the day and week, this is what my spending/saving summary looks like:

This Week's Spending: $102.98 (for items valuing $292.67)
This Week's Savings: $189.69
Percentage of Savings: 65%

A little over budget this week, but I am making up for a couple of very slow shopping weeks and light grocery shopping.

I'm really excited about Rainbow's sales this week, I plan for a good shopping day this Wednesday and maybe even this Saturday too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP