My Savings This Week - 12/09/09 Follow Up

>> Thursday, December 10, 2009

This is how I did it, in detail:

Transaction #1
4 boxes of cereal
6.5 lbs of bananas
2 bags of frozen veggies
1 box of brownie mix

Total Before Coupons: $18.17

I had five coupons doubled for $10.00 off, plus another $2.15 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: 6.02

***I earned a coupon for free milk on my next order because of the four boxes of cereal on this order***



Transaction #2
1 gallon of milk
3 bottles of salad dressing
4 cans of soup
2 bags of frozen veggies
1 quart of ice cream

Total Before Coupons: $17.72

I had five coupons doubled for $7.50 off, plus another $2.29 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $7.93

***I earned a coupon for a free box of chicken stock on my next order because of the four cans of soup on this order***



Transaction #3
1 box of chicken stock
1 bottle of canola oil
2 boxes of pancake mix
1 bottle of extra virgin olive oil
1 box bread mix
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 bag of ground coffee
1 quart of ice cream

Total Before Coupons: 25.21

I had five coupons doubled for $7.20 off, plus another $2.49 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $15.52

*** I earned a coupon for $5.00 off my next order for purchasing $20.00 worth of specific brands in a promotion on this order ***



Transaction #4
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 bottles of mayo
5lb bag of flour
2 bags of frozen veggies
1 beef chuck roast

Total Before Coupons: $17.54

I had three coupons doubled for $6.00 off, plus another $5.51 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $6.03

*** Ireached the requirement for the "Free Food" promotion Rainbow has been running this fall, so I received a $10.00 gift card for my next order ***



Transaction #5
1 bag of chocolate chips
4 boxes of cereal
4 cans of soup
5lb bag of flour

Total Before Coupons: $17.39

I had five coupons doubled for $10.00 off, plus another $1.26 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $0.00 (used gift card received after transaction #4. However, the total after coupons that I otherwise would have spent OOP was $6.27)

***I earned a coupon for a free box of chicken stock on my next order because of the four cans of soup on this order***
***I earned a coupon for free milk on my next order because of the four boxes of cereal on this order***



Transaction #6
1 box of chicken stock
1 gallon of milk
1 box of pasta
1 beef chuck roast
2 1/2 lbs of apples
2 tubs caramel apple dip
3 pints of fresh half & half

Total Before Coupons: $21.08

I had five coupons doubled for $7.40 off, plus another $5.85 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $4.10 ($3.73 was covered with the remaining balance of the gift card received from transaction #4)


As I was walking out of the store, there was stand setup right by the exit featurning another promotion being put on by Rainbow, together with the Pioneer Press. If I got paper subscription, I received a Rainbow gift card. Now, I was literally just that day going to call a paper to start a subscription and had non-grocery money set aside for this. So far, I have been driving to a store each Sunday morning to buy my paper, but was tired of this, so starting a newspaper subscription was already in the plans and budget. But, by doing it here with the Rainbow promo, I not only received another Rainbow gift card, I also got a discount on the cost of the subscription. So I saved on both ends. Then I continued with my last transaction:



Transaction #7
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1 bottle of salad dressing
5lb bag of flour
1 bottle of canola oil
1 box of pasta
1 beef chuck roast
3 cartons of fresh orange juice

Total Before Coupons: $21.93

I had three coupons doubled for $4.60 and another $3.51 in non-doubled coupons.

Total OOP: $0.00 (used gift cards from newspaper promo. Otherwise would have been $13.82)

Total Value of All Groceries (before sales or coupons): $217.17
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$153.75
Total Discounts from promotion gift cards: -$23.82
Total Savings: $177.57

Total OOP: $39.60

Please let me know if anyone has any questions on any of this!

Jennifer

3 comments:

Jenn December 11, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

Thanks for posting the details~ I'm impressed! And inspired! ~Jenn

Jennifer December 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

You're very welcome! Isn't saving fun!

Jenn December 11, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Heck yeah! But sadly I can't seem to get those kinds of deals at Rainbow. It's the whole double coupon thing. It trips me up every time. It was fun to see the deals you got, thanks for breaking down your transactions! ~Jenn

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP