>> Friday, January 29, 2010
January has already come to an end. I can't believe how fast it went. I'm working on our meal plan for February, this month trying to keep it really simple. I only got about half of my meal plan for January finished in advance since I had so many sick and teething little toddlers in the month of January. This month will hopefully go much more smoothly.
Freezer Cooking has been a fantastic way for us to cut down on our grocery spending, and seriously cut down on the amount we might spend eating out. Knowing there is a fully cooked, delicious homemade meal already at home is a good way to keep us out of the fast food drive-thru. It really simplifies dinner time too, since I'm not making every meal from scratch every single night.
So for this month, here is the plan:
1. Wild Rice Soup & Bread
3. Sunshine Chicken, Brown Rice & Veggie
4. Chili & Cornbread
5. Steak, Sweet Potato Fries & Veggie
6. Homemade Pizza
7. Crock-pot: Beef Roast with Veggies
8. Zuppa Tuscana Soup & Bread
9. Grilled Sandwiches
10. Kung Pao Chicken & Jasmine Rice
12. Sunshine Chicken, Brown Rice & Veggie
13. Homemade Pizza
14. Crock-pot: BBQ Pork
15. Pork Chops, Brown Rice & Veggie
17. Wild Rice Soup & Bread
18. Grilled Sandwiches
19. Sunshine Chicken, Brown Rice & Veggie
20. Homemade Pizza
21. Crock-pot: Beef Roast with Veggies
22. Pork Chops, Brown Rice & Veggie
23. Grilled Sandwiches
25. Zuppa Tuscana Soup & Bread
26. Steak, Sweet Potato Fries & Veggie
27. Homemade Pizza
28. Crock-pot: BBQ Pork
I'm planning for (hopefully!!) one big Freezer Cooking Day, possibly tomorrow or Sunday of this weekend. I'll be getting back into full swing grocery shopping (with coupons, of course!) this month to restock the cupboards and freezer. It was really nice to cut back on shopping in January and work with what we had on hand.
Looking forward to cooking up a storm and getting great deals in February!