Saturday Savings Summary - 1/23/10

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

I had a GREAT week shopping and got lots of great deals. Lots of trips to different stores, but the work paid off.

Target: A great week for coupon match-ups. Most everything was free or just a few pennies after coupons. The only real expense here was my detour to the children's clearance racks in the clothing department.


2 bottles of nivea body wash, 2 boxes of kotex pantiliners, 2 bottles of method handsoap, 3 boxes of bandaids, 3 johnsons buddy bars, one travel size bottle of baby shampoo, three packs of dental floss, two pairs of girls toddler pants (one for each twin) and two boys toddler sweaters

Total Value of All Items (before coupons): $40.05
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$26.50
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $13.55
66% Savings!
**the actual value is higher, but Target's receipt didn't factor in the savings from the sale prices or the clearance on the clothing, so my full value calculation is at the already reduced prices.


Then, my many trips to CVS. But I didn't mind, for I love my CVS stores. It took several trips to multiple locations to get everything on my shopping list this week, as not everyone was in stock throughout the whole week. Here is a shot of all items purchased:

6 cans of Oust, 3 boxes of SoyJoy bars(6pks), 2 boxes of Tampax Pearl, 3 packs of Ivory bar soap(3pks), 1 tube of Crest toothpaste that included a free travel size tube of toothpaste, 2 sticks of dove deodorant and 1 Almay three shade eyeshadow compact.

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $87.96
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$80.86
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $7.10
92% Savings!


And this week I had a stop at Rainbow both on Wednesday and again on Saturday. Here's how those trips went:

2 gallons of whole milk, 3 boxes of Cheerios, 3 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, 2 boxes of microwave popcorn, 4 bottles of Febreze, 5 boxes of Dreamfields pasta, 8 tubes of Blistex, 2 tubs of sour cream, 2 bottles of V8 VFusion juice, 4 bags of Halls cough drops, 2 Yo-Plus yogurts 4packs, 1 cfl lightbulb, 1 tube of Crest ProHealth toothpaste, 6lbs of bananas and 8 cups of Yoplait yogurt

5 boxes of Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry solution, 6 cfl lightbulbs

I made the second trip on Saturday to get a good deal on the Purex that I noticed while I was shopping on Wednesday. I had several more coupons for the lightbulbs, which made them free so I picked up those too.

All together, my savings were good for what I was able to pick up.

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $190.70
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$144.14
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $46.56
76% Savings!


So for the week, I got several great buys, lots of freebies and a few treats.

This Week's Spending: $67.21 (for items valuing $318.71)
This Week's Savings: $251.50
Percentage of Savings: 79%

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP