Saturday Savings Summary - 1/9/10

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

We had a very light shopping week this week. It was a little refreshing to have light week, after coming off a week of illness and also having daddy off work for the week. We enjoyed a nice week of family time.

For the shopping that I did do, I got good deals, but did not have a chance to take any pictures. Here is the breakdown.

First was CVS, I went in with $17.50 in ECBs, and a very short shopping list. I got:

1 lightbulb
2 cans of aquafresh iso-active toothpaste

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $16.72
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$15.00
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $1.72
Received: $2.00 ECBs
90% Savings!


Then I made my traditional Wednesday stop at Rainbow. There I picked up:
2 boxes of bagel bites
1 can aquafresh iso-active toothpaste
2 four packs of yopliat delights
1 pork roast
1 ziploc vacuum starter kit
1 box ziploc vaccum bags

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $34.61
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$28.46
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $6.15
82% Savings!

After Rainbow, I went across the street to Cub Foods and picked up:
20 cups of Yopliat Thick & Creamy

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $14.80
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$10.80
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $4.00
73% Savings!


That was it for this week. I was able to make a few of the items on my menu for January, but now am not shooting for a freezer cooking day as much as I am hoping to just make each item in bulk as the week goes on. Looking forward to next month. Let's hope all the cold and flu bugs are done for us this year!

This Week's Spending: $11.87 (for items valuing $66.13)
This Week's Savings: $54.26
Percentage of Savings: 82%

What great savings did you have this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP