Saving Money with Reusable Bags

>> Saturday, January 30, 2010


I'm really trying to make an effort to use my reusable canvas bags when I'm shopping. And I am finding that I really enjoy using them too! Not only are the extremely durable, so there is no worries of paper bags ripping and grocery spillage (Sinbad anyone? Inside joke, I digress...), but generally they all have these really nice long handles. You can swing your bag of groceries over your shoulder much in the same way you would a diaper bag or purse, which makes them very easy to carry.

Another great benefit to using these durable bags is the perks that different stores are offering to customers to promote the use. I've been keeping a mental note of the retailers in my area and their reusable bag promos:

  • Target: $0.05 off/credit for each reusable bag
  • Rainbow Foods: $0.05 off/credit for each reusable bag
  • CVS: Green Bag Tag, $1.00 ECB for every four visits (tag and card must be scanned each time)

Are there any other stores offering discounts or perks for using your own bags? If so, please leave a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

Jackie January 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

I believe that Whole Foods offer .10 per bag, and if you use your own bag at Trader Joes they enter you into a contest to win a $25 gift card.

Toni January 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Mississippi Market also offers a discount, I think .10 per bag.

Lois January 31, 2010 at 12:48 AM  

Fred Meyer out in WA state area issues .05/bag refund...

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP