A New Wallet & A New Way of Saving Money

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010

For a few weeks now, all over the 'blog-o-sphere', this great tutorial and super cute envelope system from Kelleigh has been a huge hit.

I had already been seriously contemplating going to an all cash system for groceries and household items, so when I first saw this template and great idea, I knew I had to do it!

First, I needed a new wallet, and I had my eye on one for a few weeks. It was $20.00, and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on just a wallet. So I waited, but I just couldn't get my mind off the one I had found. I found it at a store where my husband and I had recently purchased new winter boots. You see, we live here in this barren, arctic tundra of Minnesota (at least it is from Nov-March) and neither of us had really good winter boots. And since I hate to be cold, we both decided to invest in a good pair of boots. And my toes will forever be happy for that investment. But what came along with our boots purchase was a membership rewards program from the store we had shopped at. So, just a few weeks after spotting the perfect new wallet, in my mailbox were two $10.00 gift certificates to that store, a reward for our recent purchase of boots. Perfect timing.

So this weekend, I headed back and snagged my wallet for exactly $0.01. Yep, a penny. Then I was off to my moms house and her great craft room to whip up my envelope system. Here are my results:








I LOVE IT! I made mine to hold eight envelopes. Four weeks of groceries, one for ECBs, one for extra coupons to carry on me, one for extra/leftover cash and one for receipts.

I'm truly hoping this will help us even further in our efforts to save money and live well on less. I certainly know it's hard for me to part with cold hard cash, a lot harder then it is to pull out and swipe the old debit card, so I have a good feeling this will work.

What a fun and pretty way to save money!!

Has anyone else switched to an all cash system? How has it been working for you?

6 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs January 29, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

GORGEOUS!! I love your pretty pink wallet (.01¢!!) and your envelopes are awesome!! Great job!!

You're making me want a new wallet. Argh. LOL!

Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Thanks Kelleigh!! It was so fun to make. :o)

Jen May 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

WOW! Your envelopes are so cute! I love the wallet too, it looks perfect. Please Please Please tell me where you got the wallet from, I have been looking for a good wallet for a while.

Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

I got the wallet at DSW Shoes of all places. It works perfectly! I'm so glad I found it.

Jen May 10, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Thank you so much! We have one of those near where I live so I'm going to check it out, just on the off chance they have something similar.

Unknown June 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM  

i am not able to see envelope system from Kelleigh

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP