Saturday Savings Summary - 1/2/10

>> Saturday, January 2, 2010

This week was great for grocery savings. I had a couple of good shopping trips. I was able to get great deals on the final few ingredients for my freezer cooking day in January and I also stocked up on a few of our household favorites.

First stop was CVS. $24 ECBs in hand when I went, this is what I came home with.


2 ThermaCare Heat Wraps, 2 bottles of shampoo, 1 bottle of lotion, 1 razor, 3 sticks of deoderent, 3 bottles of dish soap, 1 tube of toothpaste and 2 packages of M&Ms


Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $67.79
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$64.49
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $3.30
Received: $17.50 ECBs
95% Savings!


Then I hit Rainbow on Double Coupon Wednesday. There were a few outstanding deals, including one on yogurt that was a money-maker. Here is my haul:


6 CPK frozen pizzas, 20 avacados, 12 bags of shredded cheese, 2 blocks of chunk cheese, 32 single serving cups of yogurt, 12 four cup packs of yogurt, 16 cans of campbell's tomato soup, 6 packages of chicken leg quarters, 2 packages of ground sausage, 20 pounds of potatoes, 4 large cans of diced tomatoes, 1 bag of chopped pecans, 1 bag of mini marshmallows, 1 can of tomato paste, 5 cans of tomato sauce and 2 bottles of spices.

Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $216.29
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$163.79
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $52.50
76% Savings!


If you were shopping at Rainbow on Wednesday, you no doubt received the catalina slip advertising the Roundy's promotion on Kraft Products starting 1/1/10 and running through 1/24/10. Buy five qualifying Kraft products in one transaction, receive a coupon for $5.00 off your next order.

Since Rainbow was also running a great sale on Kraft cheese this week, for just two days (Friday and Saturday) you could score shredded or chunk cheese for only $0.32 per bag/chunk if you used the coupon in the Rainbow in store ad along with the $5.00 off coupon. That's a 91% savings over the regular price!

Since we go through a lot of cheese, I stocked up at this amazing price on Friday. I also grabbed four more packages of chicken leg quarters, since they were at such a good price too.

Cheese & Chicken Stock Up Trip:
Total Value of All Items (before sales or coupons): $247.94
Total Discounts from sales and coupons: -$211.76
Total Out Of Pocket Expense: $36.18
85% Savings!


So, at the close of this week, I am slightly over budget, but I'm thrilled with my savings and also the items I was able to stock up on.

This Week's Spending: $91.98 (for items valuing $532.02)
This Week's Savings: $440.04
Percentage of Savings: 83%

Unfortunately, my freezer cooking day was postponed, probably until Wednesday or even Thursday of next week so I'm not off to a great start this month in that department, but I'll get to it this week. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

How Did You Hear About PTP?

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP